supports institutions in Switzerland that promote chess at grassroots and elite level.
In particular, Swiss Chess facilitates:
- The training and support of young chess players.
- The promotion of chess in schools and youth organizations.
- Participation in chess events.
- The distribution of publications about the game.
- The purchase of chess materials.
- The organization of non-recurring chess competitions and training courses.
Projects can be submitted at any time. The Swiss Chess grants committee generally reviews all requests received on a quarterly basis.
Swiss Chess (Schach Schweiz)
- gives priority to projects that are co-funded by the applicants.
- only provides support for ongoing projects (no retrospective financing).
- does not contribute toward the general operating costs of institutions or organizations or toward the costs of recurring events.
In order to consider your request, Swiss Chess requires the following:
- the completed first page of the form for applicants
- budget and financing plan
- further documents on the planned project (objectives, activities, schedule, etc.)